So yesterday was the blogs birthday and if no one has checked out the competition that I’m running I suggest that they do so now! I thought I would do a quick round up of some of the posts that have been the most popular this year and a quick look through just shows how DIY mad brides are these days! I also noted how the blog has developed and I think you’ll note in these past posts that I have improved my writing style and post presentation! Enjoy...
1. The most views have come from my DIY DIVA post on drink stirrers and straws. They are really great DIY projects for starter brides because they can add so much detail to the cocktail hour however if worse comes to worse and they’re messed up it’s not that important.
2. In at number 2 is my doily DIY post. I love doilies, they are just so pretty and so versatile and as they can be so cheap a great thing to have a practise on when deciding if DIY is really your thing or not.
3. Hanging decoration DIY was my third most popular post. Hanging decorations are really adaptable because they can be hung from ceilings, chairs, tables and look great.
4. The forth most popular post was my DIY pomander post, I really like pomanders and think they look really gorgeous although I understand that real floral pomanders can be a very big expense so no wonder brides are flocking to the DIY.
5. Fingerprint trees are an increasingly popular idea for guest books and the fact that my fingerprint tree post, which I posted when the blog was just 3 days old, is still the 5th most popular post on the blog shows how many brides out there are searching for suppliers and ideas.
6. I was surprised to find a rather recent post had climbed its way to number 6. Back in December I posted on the vintage trend with ‘is vintage dead’ and it seemed enough of you were interested in the vintage backlash to have a peek at the post.
7. Cupcake toppers are great because they can be used at any time, cupcakes are so popular now they can be found at most birthday parties so it’s no shock that my DIY cupcake topper post was my seventh most popular.
8. I guess most of you aren’t just thinking about the wedding day but the wedding night as well because at number 8 was my post on bridal lingerie. It was a great result because that was a post I really enjoyed creating; it was reassuring to know there are always sexy budget options out there!
9. The most searched keyword that brought people to the blog was ‘painted wine glasses’ so the fact that my DIY post on attendant’s gifts made the top 10 didn’t astonish me. With all the costs that a wedding brings finding money to spend on your attendants can be tough so DIY options are always helpful.
10. Lastly the rise of the photo booth and specifically how many of you require photo booth props now. My DIY diva post was full of some great print outs for people to use.
Thank you for reading everyone!